- Ackerman, Peter & DuVall, Jack. A Force More Powerful: A Century of Nonviolent Conflict. Palgrave: 2001.
- Grossman, Lt. Col David. On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society. Back Bay Books: 1996.
- McKay, Ian & Swift, Jamie. Warrior Nation: Rebranding Canada in an Age of Anxiety. Between the Lines: 2012.
- Nagler, N. Michael. Is There No Other Way? The Search for a Nonviolent Future. Inner Ocean Publishing: 2003.
- Paige, Glenn D. Nonkilling Global Political Science. Xlibris Corporation: 2007.
- Powell, Jonathon. Talking to Terrorists: How to End Armed Conflicts. The Bodley Head: 2014.
- Richler, Noah. What We Talk About When We Talk About War. Goose Lane Editions: 2012.
- Rifkin, Jeremy. The Empathic Civilization: The Race to Global Consciousness in a World in Crisis. Tarcher: 2009.